Friday, December 31, 2010

The Mysterious New Year's Magic

So the time has come now for everyone to party their asses up, throw grapes in each other's mouths, kiss each other, and count down for a ball to drop at midnight again. New year's means something different for everyone; for me, for instance, it means I ate a crapload of sugar and therefore can stay up late into 2011 writing this blog post. Other people make resolutions. There's some magic about New Year's, apparently, that makes maniacal resolutions have a glint of coming-truthfulness or something, I guess.

To me, New Year's moment, that moment of counting-down (which I missed. I was watching Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants on Lifetime.) is like the fart of a space-angel, just as brief, and just as ridiculous. It turns us into super do-gooding superheros of ACCOMPLISHMENT and GENEROSITY.























and then we all go back to what we were doing before.

No comments:

Post a Comment